The Digital Effects (DFX) Supervisor ensures all VFX departments in all company locations working on a project collaborate effectively to deliver the creative vision of the show and create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way. S/he will oversee a team of department supervisors working with artists as they produce CG assets, set up a working shot pipeline, and successfully deliver CG elements and imagery for the shots on the project. S/he will be expected to creatively lead their team throughout the show, working with the department supervisors to ensure creative direction is being followed and milestones are being reached. They will help to ensure that good and clear communication occurs at all times between the VFX Supervisor, artists, production team, and department supervisors. They will contribute to the bidding and planning of milestones and approaches for the project, and proactively provide feedback on crew and the pipeline.
Creative and Technical Responsibilities:
• Deliver creative realization to the VFX Supervisor and ensuring creative continuity across a Show/s
• Interpreting the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor and providing a clear, consistent, creative brief to the Leads and Artists.
• Supporting the use of consistent, global department workflows and processes as well as design more effective workflows.
• Provide concise and constructive feedback and ensuring the Artists are directed to reach milestones & show targets.
• Deliver highest quality work out of dailies to the VFX Supervisor and build strategies to improve operational efficiency on an ongoing basis like design of more effective training, tracking progress and reporting across all the teams.
• Approving work that is ready to progress to the next department.
• Ensuring work is delivered according to the Show schedule.
• Communicating with all departments to manage dependencies.
• Explain the work and requirements of their show to the HoDs to ensure they can provide the best possible team for the work.
• Day-to-day oversight of the Show supervision team.
• Resolving conflicts of workflow approach between the teams /the shows
At least 10 years VFX post-production experience
• Previous experience as a CG or Comp Supervisor, Senior Department Supervisor or Sequence Supervisor on a minimum of 3-5 high-end feature films
• Excellent creative eye and aesthetic judgment
• Ability to sell creative solutions and ideas to clients and VFX Supervisors
• Ability to reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
• Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Expert in Maya, Nuke, Houdini and/or Clarisse, and proficient in other industry standard software
Proven team leader with strong motivational and initiative qualities.
• Excellent communicator and collaborator.
• Recognized attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Technically and creatively astute.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.