Animator (Feature Animation)
PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of Animator, however we are accepting speculative applications.
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
DNEG's Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our brilliant animators to bring to life our next top feature animation project! Using storyboards, animatics and other visual reference, you will work with the Director, Animation Supervisor and your team to complete shots in accordance with the story.
You’ll bring the characters to life with your strong knowledge of anatomy and movements and use acting skills to communicate ideas an audience can empathises with. It’s also required that all our animators have the ability to anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues that may arise.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Proven experience within an animation department (Feature Animation preferred).
- Show understanding of anatomy, perspective and composition, strong drawing skills an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge of timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including the ability to accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form.
- Well versed in the principles of animation
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Highly motivated.
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.