As a Pipeline Technical Director (Pipeline TD), you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows. You will be providing face-to-face technical support and assistance to artists, as well as developing new tools and scripts - predominantly in Python - to meet the specific show requirements.
Our talented Pipeline TDs are highly technical and demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem solving. You will be regularly required to:
- Provide technical advice and support for artists
- Collaborate with R&D developers and senior production supervisors to develop specific new Python tools and workflows
- Contribute to the development and constant improvement of the DNEG pipeline
- Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator - your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
Our Pipeline TDs not only produce excellent work, they are also inspirational mentors and coaches to the more junior members of the Pipeline team. This ranges from formal guidance - generating tutorials and teaching materials - to informal mentoring on a day-to-day basis, and you will be supported in this role by our Pipeline Supervisors.
Above all, you will be at the centre of some of the most exciting VFX and Animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas, working with some of the most talented individuals in the industry. You will be in a fantastic position to develop your leadership skills and enhance your skills as a tool developer in a collaborative, show-facing environment.
- Previous experience in Visual Effects or a related industry
- Excellent Python, Maya and Linux skills
- Solid understanding of the Visual Effects pipeline
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Houdini, Maya or Nuke
Nice to have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or other related field
- Experience with source control systems and team development
Commitment to diversity
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing an inclusive, diverse and exciting workplace. Our technical directors have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.