Lead Animator (Feature Animation)
DNEG’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are currently looking for Lead Animators to join the team. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our experienced Lead Animators to guide a team of Animators in bringing to life our next top feature animation project! Using storyboards, animatics and other visual reference, you will work with the Director, Animation Supervisor and your team to complete shots in accordance with the story. As a Lead you will work on the most complex shots and guide your team through challenges they will face. You will be personable and pro-active and enjoy leading and motivating your team.
You’ll bring the characters to life with your strong knowledge of anatomy and movements and use acting skills to communicate ideas an audience can empathise with. Lead Animators will have the ability to anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues for them and their team.
- Prior Lead experience on high-end projects
- Thorough knowledge of Maya and ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Significant experience within an animation department (Feature Animation preferred)
- Show understanding of anatomy, perspective and composition, strong drawing skills an asset
- Demonstrate knowledge of timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including the ability to accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Highly motivated
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.