Global Workflow Architect (Creatures)
DNEG is centralising the leadership and design of all inter-department CG workflows across Film & TV VFX and Feature Animation. This new role is essential to continued improvement of our Creature content creation.
The Global Workflow Architect will lead the development of technical and creative workflows within all aspects of Creature creation. Working closely with the Heads of Creatures, Build, and Animation in all our sites, Research and Development and Pipeline Development, and their supervisors to design and implement cohesive global improvements to tools, techniques, workflow and pipeline.
Having the vision and imagination to lead the next generation of workflows, the Global Workflow Architect is focused on mid to long term solutions.
Lead coherent mid and long-term development roadmaps.
Work with the global team of Heads of CG to design solutions that fit with the global structure and specialist teams in each location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build close relationships with global leadership teams in Creature, Build and Animation, Research and Development and Pipeline Development.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to design, plan and implement the next generation of content creation workflows.
- Design, plan and implement cost effective and competitive workflows and pipelines.
The Global Workflow Architect will report to the Global Head of CG and local General Manager.
- 4+ years of senior leadership in the VFX industry.
- Proven history of pipeline or workflow design.
- Excellent communications skills and relationship building
- Able to have difficult conversations
- Ability to see the bigger picture and operate accordingly, incorporating requirements from all areas of the business into an effective plan
- Able to adapt to and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to influence and build strong working relations within an organisation
- Capable of organising and co-ordinating people, with enthusiasm and clarity
- Problem solving, planning and implementation
DNEG will hire 1 person for the position of Global Workflow Architect (Creatures) however because this position has a global remit, it can be based in London, Vancouver, Montreal, Mumbai or Chennai.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.