Production Runners at DNEG play a central role in the smooth running of the studio. They support the DNEG team with any facilities-based duties while learning about the company and VFX industry. This is a full-time, 40 hours a week role that will give you the grounding and skills you need to succeed in VFX Production once you move up.
*This role is not for anyone interested in developing their career in an artistic role.
Why be a Runner?
Running is the best way to get your foot in the door at DNEG. All our runners join us with the aim of moving up in the business, managing and supporting VFX production.
What is the career route for a Production Runner?
Our production runners are looking to move into VFX Production roles; starting as a Runner you move into a Production Assistant role on your first show, then into coordination and beyond until you are an award winning VFX Producer!
Once you are promoted to a Production Assistant, you will work closely with the team to help manage the production of shows and be responsible for communicating with artists, supervisors, different departments, and the clients to meet everyone’s expectations. Your tasks will also involve event planning, scheduling, organizing playlists, managing resources and solving problems, etc.
Those who aim to pursue a career in Production will need to have excellent communicate skills, be proactive, manage their time accordingly, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Answering all queries and request from DNEG employees through a ticketing system, called Jira
- Assisting the Office Manager with the smooth running of our offices
- Taking initiative to manage stocks and supplies, arranging orders where necessary; ensuring refreshments, stationary and general office equipment are well-stocked
- Keeping the kitchens, meeting rooms and rest areas clean, tidy and well presented
- Assisting the reception team when needed including dealing with switch board calls, welcoming clients, and providing refreshments for meetings and clients
- Supporting the recruitment, HR and production teams in the studio with ad-hoc duties
- Goods in/out, couriers, mail and deliveries
Needs to Have
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet and Email
- Keen interest in the film industry and VFX
- A professional and friendly manner
- Strong communicator
- Team Player
- Hard worker
Measures of Performance
- Time Management
- Cover letter explaining your interest in DNEG, VFX, production, and why you’re a good fit for the team
DNEG are a multi-award winning, ground-breaking and long-established VFX post-production house, producing cutting-edge VFX, and is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film and TV with facilities in London, Mumbai, Vancouver and Los Angeles.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.