TV Lighting TD
A Lighting Technical Director at DNEG TV is someone who possesses a thorough knowledge of 3D Computer Graphics. From years of experience in shot finishing on broadcast or feature film projects you will have developed an ‘eye’ for the work. You will have a good working knowledge of art, design and film lighting, as well as a solid technical grounding in ray tracing or path tracing renderers.
Some experience with Look Development and shader setup will be of an advantage to you in this position. In this role you will work closely with experienced lighting leads and supervisors, to achieve the highest quality on our VFX projects, pushing the industry standard.
- Proven fluency with Maya and/or Houdini and/or Clarisse
- Demonstrable experience in shot lighting and rendering
- Proven experience in a similar role in high-end broadcast or feature film
- Experience handling VFX pipeline issues
- Showreels featuring ‘photo-real’ work
Nice to Have
- A broad Generalist Technical Director background is desirable
- Passionate about film
- Technically adept
- Team oriented
- Able to take direction
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.