Editorial Resource Coordinator
The Editorial Resource Coordinator on the Content Operations Team is a key individual contributor who helps to build and maintain our pipeline of freelance editors, producers, fact checkers, and illustrators. You’ll recruit, test, identify, and onboard new hires, ensuring they understand, meet, and can successfully execute against Dotdash’s editorial and brand standards.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and identify expert contract editors using job postings, search, social media, and other creative means
- Review applications, writing samples, and illustrator portfolios, administer tests, and make hiring recommendations
- Create and update contractor onboarding and training materials, including multimedia resources and written documentation
- Manage administrative aspects related to sourcing and onboarding
- 1 to 2 years of work experience, preferably working at a high-volume capacity
- Strong editorial background and skills; an eye for good writing and keen sense of what content works well online
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external independent contractor candidates
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Proactive, creative, resourceful and well connected with freelance writing communities with the ability to work independently
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include ThoughtCo, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and Verywell.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.