Content Marketing Manager
Do you have a natural inclination toward attracting large audiences to the projects you make for the internet? Dotdash seeks a content marketer (manager or senior manager, depending on experience) to create and promote incredible experiences on our family of sites (including Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo). We believe that the best way to build our brands is by making things people love. You will be responsible for the design and execution of many of our marketing programs, whether they are permanent new site features, hotly-debated award / ranking programs, novel pieces of data journalism, or free apps that help get our brands in front of consumers.
About Your Contributions
- Lead the effort to make digital products, award programs, data journalism, and site features that substantially increase awareness of Dotdash brands.
- Partner with general managers, product owners, and editors to complete end-to-end brand and content marketing campaigns, including ideation, resourcing, execution, promotion, and wrap-up / reporting
- Project manage the creation of complex tools and new programs that rely on software development, research, content, PR engagement, creative design, external agencies, etc.
- Research communities, journalists, and influences to engage in amplifying the reach of our marketing campaigns; coordinate and execute on a communication strategy
- Manage internal client relationships with general managers of each brand; communicate campaign roadmap, successes and failures
- Utilize freelancers and agencies to bring ambitious ideas to fruition
- 3-6 years work experience in a product marketing, digital advertising, or PR field—in-house or agency candidates welcome to apply
- Proven digital strategy skills—regardless of background, we are seeking a track record of building new things for the internet and getting them widely noticed and shared
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly forge working relationships with diverse types of people; experience working in a matrix organization a plus
- Project management mindset with high attention to detail
- Candidates with a background in product management or data journalism preferred
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.