Managing Producer- Web (Contract)
About the Role:
Dotdash is hiring a Managing Producer - Web on a freelance/contract basis. The Managing Producer will shift seamlessly from creative development to managing the many logistics of video production, from hiring freelancers to editing scripts, and providing feedback on a video edit. As Managing Producer, you’ll be the force that helps producers, shooters and editors bring ideas to life in ways that are on-brand, connect with strategy, satisfy clients, and efficiently utilize resources. The Managing Producer will be a natural leader who has an excellent eye for detail, an ability to juggle many different video productions at once, extensive experience working with editors, and a creative voice. The Managing Producer role is a unique opportunity for the right person to flex both creative and logistical muscles across a large volume of web videos. The Managing Producer role is temporary and contract, 40 hours/week, starting asap and going through October. There is possible potential for growth and full-time employment.
- End-to-end management of multiple video productions: developing content ideas and production schedules; strategizing creative approach and production efficiencies; finding and collaborating with talent, shooters and editors; reviewing all creative decisions; managing delivery timelines and budgets.
- Leading creative development and production of multiple video formats for multiple digital brands. Translating ideas firstly into video concepts, and then, into clear action plans.
- Overseeing an ever-changing cast of writers, producers and experts from pre-production to post-production, to deliver a large volume of short form video for the web.
- Coordinating asset delivery and giving detailed feedback on edits. Maintaining all asset and project documentation.
- Foreseeing complications, making quick decisions, and troubleshooting on the fly.
- Developed understanding of everything that goes into making short-form web video. Experience producing videos from start to finish, including negotiating with vendors, hiring crew, and reviewing scripts. You’ve done it all and you truly enjoy all aspects of making video.
- A proven ability to shift gears, wear multiple hats, and juggle many productions all at various stages. An ability to think creatively and quickly.
- Flawless organizational skills, attention to detail and multitasking skills. You are a master of logistical planning and don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills that help you navigate the creative process. Required: experience editing scripts and writing detailed cut notes for editors.
- Contemporary design/edit sensibility in terms of video pacing, music, graphics and text.
- Experience in web video publishing. Knowledge of web video trends and popular digital publishers.
- 6-8 years experience producing web/digital-first video.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.