UX/UI Designer Performance Marketing
About Your Role:
Do you have the desire to showcase your design acumen to a broader audience? Then this is your opportunity to get your work in front of over 80 million people each month.
Dotdash is seeking a talented UX / UI Designer to join our Product Team and design experiences that empower users to make decisions for Dotdash’s finance brands, Investopedia and The Balance. This is currently a six-month project.
The ideal candidate has a background in designing experiences and tools that make complex information clear, and help people make informed decisions.
About Your Contributions:
- Serve as design lead in the prototyping, creation, and production of tools for our finance brands, creating responsive and approachable experiences that can meet a power users’ needs just as well as they can be easy to use for an average visitor
- Partner with lead vertical designers to incorporate the visual identity of each brand into features
- Plan and conduct user tests and competitive analyses, and collect, share, distill and convert findings into tangible designs that focus on conversion
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications, and communicate scenarios and end-to-end experiences to stakeholders
- See designs through to fruition by collaborating directly with Performance Marketing, Content, Product, Engineering and Revenue teams—ensuring quality and a consistent, thoughtful, premium user experience
- 3-5 years in a design role at a digital publisher, e-commerce company, or agency with a strong focus on user experience
- Experience designing engaging product experiences that convey a large amount of information (text, image, data) in easily digestible formats (comparison tools, sort/filter functionalities)
- A demonstrated understanding of design, usability, user testing and research for best practices and standards
- Strong background in interactive forms and data displays
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and best practices in digital media and user experience design
- Excellent conceptual and design skills, including typography, color, composition, visual hierarchy, and interface design
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define user needs and develop high-level requirements
- Editorial / Content design experience, especially for personal finance is a plus
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions intelligently, and by any means necessary (from sketches to mocks to partnering with developers directly in browser)
- Understanding of Atomic Design methodology is a plus.
- Attention to detail in vetting out designs in-browser, across devices, and for various use cases and for cross-platform functionality
- Ability to communicate ideas and reasoning to non-technical and non-creative audiences
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of cultural awareness
- Degree in Interactive Design, Communication Design, or related field preferred
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.