Sr. Editor, News & Analysis
Sr. Editor: News & Analysis
Investopedia, the world’s largest online educational site for finance and investing, is seeking a Sr. Editor to help lead its content strategy for news and analysis. We’ve been educating the world about investing for nearly two decades and we are looking for a passionate editorial leader to help drive our content strategy into the future.
The ideal candidate is an investing and finance addict, steeped in business news, fascinated with markets, and loves explaining how the world of money goes round. The Sr. Editor will work with Investopedia’s editorial, SEO, product and data sciences teams to create great content and content experiences that educate our readers to help them learn and make smarter financial decisions.
About Your Contributions:
- Assign and edit timely articles to a team of writers and editors for the website, newsletters, and special features
- Identify and assign updates to high-performing existing content within the news cycle to take advantage of SEO opportunities
- Set and maintain editorial standards and best practices for our timely and seasonal content
- Manage daily and weekly newsletter products in partnership with editors, writers and our network of experts
- Manage workflow of a team of external editors and writers around the world
- Work with analytics and product teams to design great user experiences that deliver on our mission to educate investors
- Deep knowledge of the investing, finance and business world: The companies, executives, markets, economies and influencers.
- Experience working with SEO team and tools to optimize our reach
- Project and People management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A burning desire to make the best content on the internet
- B.A. or higher degree in journalism
- 5-10 years in business or finance journalism experience
- 5-10 years of experience working on mid sized to major online publication
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Working knowledge of newsletter software program like Sailthru
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.