About Your Role
In collaboration with a small team of product managers, designers, and developers, you will create test plans and advocate best practices in building high quality, new features. You will be quick to identify high impact areas to focus testing efforts and build out test automation coverage; this will require you to advocate and evangelize QA automation best practices.
You will work on improving the predictability and reliability of our frequent production deployments and help the team continue to progress towards continuous delivery. You will strive to drive use of Open Source technologies and share latest tools and trends across the sprint teams. You will be a great communicator who can articulate risks to different stakeholders.
About Your Contributions
- You will ensure that our Core Web application software is high-quality by working with Product owners and Developers in building product test strategies and communicating with the team about issues, risk, and product quality.
- Collaborate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage, release velocity and production health.
- Work closely with development/DevOps teams in instrumenting the workflow in implementing and enhancing existing CI/CD processes.
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts in a modern scripting language like Python/Shell to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Deeply detail-oriented and demonstrated the ability to find edge cases to make the product better.
- Expert in API, GUI and backend manual testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques.
- Hands on knowledge of the Git work flow, branching model and SQL/NoSQL and database technologies.
- Hands on knowledge of using CD tools like Jenkins or similar.
- Hands on experience in QA automation with the following tools or equivalent: Selenium & Strong knowledge of Core Java.
- Thrive on working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.