Senior Full Stack Web Developer
About Your Role:
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery, and peer guidance. You will work in a collaborative Agile environment, and as a Lead Developer you will be involved with setting technical direction and collaborating on new ideas, as well as realizing these ideas in code.
About Your Contributions:
- Improve and maintain the design and architecture of our web platform.
- Develop and maintain performant and robust server side systems.
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Design systems and APIs meant to be used and extended by other teams while maintaining code quality and architectural consistency.
- 5+ years in a parts of a full stack web development position.
- Expansive knowledge of modern Java with proven application
- In depth understanding of Java performance investigations and tuning
- Experience with at least one server-side framework (e.g. Spring, Play, Dropwizard)
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with a component-based front-end framework, and experience with at least one server-side templating language (e.g., JSP, FTL, Handlebars, ERB)
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.