Dotdash is seeking a qualified, motivated, and energetic Editor to take our content programming for our health, fitness, and family brand Verywell to the next level. This individual should have experience creating content for email newsletters.
You will be responsible for reviewing and curating content for email campaigns for each site in the Verywell roster. You will work on a wide variety of projects related to the editorial quality and engagement for the newsletter program, with the goal of growing traffic and satisfying users.
About Your Contributions:
- Work with the Senior Email Marketing Manager as well as Verywell content teams to execute on editorial strategy and voice for email newsletters.
- Use data to identify new opportunities for improving email campaign performance including editorial gaps, A/B tests, design optimization and more.
- Be the primary liaison between Verywell Content Teams and Dotdash Team Email.
- Track the competitive email and content landscape to identify trends and opportunities.
- Create reporting, recommendations, and observations for Email program stakeholders to improve the performance of future email initiatives.
- 1-3 years’ experience writing digital content to meet business goals, preferably in the health and fitness space.
- Experience writing email newsletters and knowledge of performance metrics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts in simple language via email and other documents.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with strengths in time management and organization.
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs.
- Solid proofing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Interest in health, wellness, nutrition and other categories is a plus.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.