Director, Product Licensing
About Your Role:
Today, Dotdash ranks in the top-15 digital publishers according to ComScore. With our growth and expansion, our Commerce Team is looking for their first Director, Product Licensing to lead our licensing strategy.
We have built award-winning brands via strategic partnerships in various lifestyle categories by creating best in class products to sell online and brick & mortar, and eventually Dotdash owned and operated stores.
About Your Contributions:
- Build a narrative for the licensing opportunity --- articulate the brand story, highlight the success of our intent story, expound on our commerce expertise, and identify the licensing opportunity, for each brand.
- Partner with our licensing agent to supply all brand materials for their outreach
- Work with Research and Data Science teams to collect industry and product related data to support the brand materials
- Conduct conversations with key manufacturers across all product categories; Soft-goods, Home Decor & Furnishings, Beauty & Personal Care, Fitness & Wellness
- Negotiate all terms of licensing partnerships as they relate to: Royalty Rates, Exclusivity, Terms and Liabilities, Categories, Retail distribution, Branding
- Work with licensing agent to level set all term sheets/proposals from manufacturers
- Manage Amazon partnership including: Participation in Amazon’s Accelerator private label program and Amazon’s Wholesale/Retail and Marketplace product listings
- Oversee all merchandising approvals for Packaging/Branding, Product Assortment and Quality Control
- Oversee all online marketing components of Dotdash partner contributions including ideation and creation of original content - both articles and videos -- in collaboration with media and email plans
- 5-6 years in licensing and merchandising in the media space; brand marketing and / or business development also a plus
- A deep understanding of what the next licensing trends are; strong industry knowledge, with a high level of commercial awareness
- Strong communicator who can operate cross-functionally on multiple teams
- Possesses an understanding of brands, a unique and creative outlook with a sharp analytical approach
- Bachelor degree required
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.