Credit Card Writer
As Credit Card Writer, you will research and write a variety of articles for The Balance, a leading online resource on money matters. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on The Balance to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals—anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. The Credit Card Writer will produce content that helps these people understand their options for making the most of their money.
The ideal candidate has deep personal and professional experience evaluating credit card products and can explain these products to the everyday consumer.
About Your Contributions
- Work with editors to develop processes for evaluating credit card products and keeping content up to date in accordance with the fast-moving cards industry
- Keep tabs on the industry so you can quickly and thoughtfully cover emerging trends and changes to existing products
- Write 3-6 articles per week. Assignments will include card reviews, head-to-head product comparisons, evergreen educational content, updates to existing articles, and methodology-driven product roundups.
- 4+ years of work experience in personal finance journalism, ideally in the credit cards space
- Dedicated to helping people make smart financial decisions
- Ability to pitch stories and creatively approach evergreen topics
- Committed to writing accurate, clean copy with original sources
- Organized and meet deadlines
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online in personal finance
- Firm grasp of SEO best practices and how they factor into quality content
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.