Freelance Content Producer
About Your Role:
As a Dotdash Freelance Content Producer, you will improve existing articles to elevate the user experience and drive additional traffic around the Dotdash.com network.This is a three-month project, with the possibility of a longer term.
About Your Contributions:
- Add crosslinks
- Enhance meta data, as needed
- Fix broken links and broken (visible) HTML; correct formatting issues
- Select, edit and add images, address image captions and credits
- Evaluate whether an article requires light editing or must go to an editor for extensive revision
- Must be comfortable working in a CMS and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Have basic knowledge of how to size and scale images (Photoshop not required); photo selection experience a plus
- Commit a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Experience working on career or financial content (such as job search tips or investment advice) is a big plus, but not required.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire,ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.