UX/UI Designer: Commerce (Contract)
About Your Role:
Would you love to showcase your design acumen to an audience of 100 million each month? Dotdash is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and editorially-savvy UX / UI Designer to join our Product Team and instill excellence through the creation of rich, highly-visual commerce-focused experiences across our award-winning brands. This is currently a six-month project, with the possibility of extending for a longer term.
About Your Contributions:
- Serve as design lead in the prototyping, creation, and production of our suite of content blocks and layouts for our commerce initiative across Dotdash’s brands. Partner with lead vertical designers to incorporate the visual identity of each brand into features
- Plan and conduct user tests and competitive analyses, and collect, share, distill and convert findings into tangible designs that focus on conversion
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications, and communicate scenarios and end-to-end experiences to stakeholders
- See designs through to fruition by collaborating directly with Commerce, Content, Product, Engineering and Revenue teams—ensuring quality and a consistent, thoughtful, premium visual experience
- 3-5 years in a design role at an e-commerce company, digital publisher or agency with a strong focus on user experience
- A demonstrated understanding of design, usability, user testing and research best practices and standards
- Excellent conceptual and design skills, including typography, color, composition, visual hierarchy, forms, data displays and interface design
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and best practices in digital media and user experience design
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to define user needs and develop high-level requirements
- Editorial / Content design experience is a plus
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions intelligently, and by any means necessary (from sketching to light mocks to partnering with developers and designing directly within the browser)
- Understanding of Atomic Design methodology is a plus.
- Ability to communicate ideas and reasoning to non-technical and non-creative audiences
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of cultural awareness
- Degree in Interactive Design, Communication Design, or related field preferred
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.