Social Video Producer
Dotdash is seeking a Social Video Producer to join its video team. The Social Video Producer will produce, shoot, and edit short instructional lifestyle videos for distribution on Instagram, Youtube, and Facebook. You’ll be a creative team player who has a passion for the social video space, can develop clever ideas based on performance data and audience engagement, and possesses all the technical skills to bring ideas to life. As a Social Video Producer, you’ll essentially act as a “preditor,” developing concepts, shooting, editing, creating GFX, uploading, and managing assets. The Social Video Producer is organized, creative, driven, and fast, and has proven experience owning productions from start to finish for similar digital publishers. The Social Video/Digital Producer role is part-time, freelance with potential for growth.
About Your Contributions:
- Develop clever, new ways to illustrate concepts; collaborate with the video team and across divisions to research and pitch video ideas
- Research and review content and data across social platforms, especially YouTube, Instagram and Facebook, to inform topic selection and production style
- Research and write scripts; develop treatments and breakdowns
- Organize and coordinate shoots, including researching and booking locations, booking talent and freelancers, curating props, and handling all paperwork
- Light shoots and operate cameras; direct shoots; hire and work with additional crew as needed
- Upload and manage YouTube channel using YouTube best practices and careful analysis of performance data
- Develop a set of best practices across social media platforms and deliver a polished set of edits for each
- Stay abreast and informed on digital video trends and use your findings to drive better production
- Extensive knowledge of digital cinema cameras; 3+ years shooting experience. Bonus points for experience with the FS7
- Proficiency with basic lighting and audio gear; ability to troubleshoot challenges quickly
- Skilled at turning around edits fast using Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience creating and building motion graphics to layer on to live-action video; stylish design and edit sensibility
- 4-5 years experience producing, shooting and editing videos professionally for a digital publisher in the lifestyle space; bonus points for experience creating beauty and home videos
- Experience producing for and managing a YouTube channel; excellent understanding of the YouTube ecosystem
- Superb organizational skills; thorough and detail oriented while managing multiple projects
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven production environment
- Stellar written and verbal communicator; impressive visual storytelling skills
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.