Associate Editor, Product Testing
About Your Role:
As the Product Testing Associate Editor, you will support the content side of the product testing program. The program’s aim is to incorporate high-quality product insights into the commerce team’s existing content library. Original tester feedback will help our readers (and Google) see us as a trustworthy source for product recommendations. Our goal is to build best in class product testing content that adds meaningful user value.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing a high volume of content. You will be juggling assignments from freelancers along with product feedback from Dotdash staff.About Your Contributions:
- Assigning and editing 100 intros per month from our existing network of freelance writers. These intros extend across four verticals (with more to be added in the future).
- Poring over 100 questionnaires per month to pull out the testers’ best insights and quotes to work into the product reviews. This will require both editing and writing skills to make the feedback flow seamlessly into the existing text.
- Writing questions for 100 questionnaires per month to prepare for the next round of testing. These surveys are unique to each product and will require you to shortly research each product to find notable features and common online complaints.
- Managing writer invoices
- Sourcing and onboarding new writers as needed
- 2+ years’ experience editing content on the Web (experience editing across multiple topic areas preferred)
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, and copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Ability to be proactive and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven and detail oriented with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Familiarity with content management systems and web analytics tools
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.