Manager, Front End Engineering
About Your Role:
'2018 Publisher of the Year', Dotdash, is looking for a dynamic engineering manager with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery, and mindful leadership. You will work across teams in a collaborative Agile environment, and as a technology leader in the company you will be responsible for helping to set technical direction, realizing your ideas in code, and collaborating with other groups within the organization.
About Your Contributions:
- Mentor and manage developers, both on your team and elsewhere in the company, to grow their skills and prepare them for increased responsibility
- Advocate for front-end best practices, including site speed and accessibility
- Help lead conversations about the design, architecture, and implementation of our web platform and the branded sites it supports
- Prototype and develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality
- Research new technologies to solve problems and improve existing systems
- 6+ years in a front-end or full-stack web development position, with at least 2 years of that time in a position of management
- 2+ years of experience working with a server-side templating engine, with preference given to candidates who have worked with frameworks built in Java or other JVM-based languages
- Experience working with a component-based web framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related technical field or foreign equivalent
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.