Customer and Operations Associate
About Your Role:
Dotdash is seeking a Contract Customer & Operations Associate to run the daily Customer interactions for both Investopedia Academy and the Investopedia Simulator. This is a 3-6 month contract, at 40 hours a week, with potential for extension. This role is based in NYC only.
About Your Contributions:
- Handle all inbound customer communications, responding to most in a timely manner and dispatching to other team members when necessary.
- Ensure all inbound communication is handled as efficiently as possible, bringing a sense of urgency and a reassuring command over the situation. Our first contact resolution exceeds 78%.
- Have a full grasp of our products and the multiple systems that we use to effectively troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues. Many inquires will require basic financial knowledge as well as basic system troubleshooting.
- Run the day to day tasks to keep our Market Simulator product current and useful to its users.
- Help collect and curate data from our Customer Service Platforms (Zendesk and Uservoice), report back to the team on a regular basis.
- Discover, present, and implement ways in which we can better serve our customers. Implement process and tech improvements to resolve frequently-reported customer issues.
- Maintain a direct daily line of communication with the Academy and Sim team to ensure customer tickets are used to improve the overall experience of our customers
- 1+ years of customer service and operations experience
- A four year degree in any financial related field (Economics, Finance, Business, etc.)
- Quick learning ability to understand team functions and responsibilities
- Superb written and organizational skills
- Some experience in customer service for an online educational platform or a digital publisher
- Interest in trading stocks and an understanding of various market events like stock symbol changes, stock splits, dividends, etc.
- Preferred if you have some experience with one or any of the platforms we use including Shopify (E-Commerce) ZenDesk (Customer Support), Uservoice (Customer Support) and Docebo (LMS)
- Data analysis skills; you can use Excel and Google Docs to compile and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.