Senior Product Manager, CMS
About Your Role:
Dotdash seeks a Senior Product Manager to work on our content management system and help build a world-class publishing platform that supports 750+ weekly users, enables 20,000+ monthly editorial updates, and helps drive innovation for 17 brands reaching more than 100 million users each month. You’ll work with a cross-disciplinary scrum team, editorial operations leadership, and the various platform and brand product development teams to create and execute the strategy for the content management system (CMS). You’ll report directly to the Senior Director of Product, Publishing Platforms.
About Your Contributions:
- Congratulate the scrum team on the release of an awesome new feature
- Coordinate with fellow Product Managers on the sequence of a cross-team project
- Watch a person using the CMS and observe what’s working and what’s not
- Teach the editorial team how to use a new feature
- Review your product roadmap and strategy with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Host a call for discovery and negotiation with a vendor
- Walk an engineer and a designer through some product requirements
- 3-5 years of hands-on product management—day-to-day product ownership and ideation. Previous experience working with internal tools preferred.
- You know the ups and downs of life inside a CMS because you’ve been a member of an editorial team at a premium digital publisher before.
- You’re excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products.
- You’re able to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- You possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your decision-making.
- You have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points.
- You’re capable of developing with a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- You’re fluent in Agile principles and methodology.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.