Editor, The Balance
As Editor you will lead our efforts to create the best content and content experiences around financial products, from credit cards and savings accounts to personal loans and fintech tools. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on The Balance to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals — anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. As Editor you will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful advice to educate and empower readers so they can take the next step, whatever it is. You will do this by managing the editorial processes around improving existing content on the site, creating new content, and ensuring compliance when needed. You will also help create and maintain the platforms where this content will live on The Balance to make sure it delivers the best, and most up-to-date user experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding personal finance and investing products and a strong sensibility for creating dynamic user experiences.
About Your Contributions
- Work with Editorial Director to shape and define editorial strategy around investing and financial products to deliver the highest quality and most actionable advice in the category.
- Project manage the creation, improvement, and updates of thousands of relevant pieces of content.
- Coordinate a team of freelance subject-matter experts and editors around core topic areas
- Use data to identify new opportunities for our core channels including editorial gaps, tools, content creation and more.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help drive content experiences including SEO, email, design, social and product.
- 5+ years of work experience in personal finance publishing.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online in personal finance.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Experience developing and executing methodologies for evaluating financial products.
- Solid understanding of how to identify and create the best possible content on a particular topic.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.