Director, Product, Publishing Platforms
About Your Role:
Dotdash seeks a Director of Product who will lead vision and strategy for our world-class publishing platform and suite of CMS products that supports 750+ weekly users, 20,000+ monthly editorial updates, and helps drive innovation for 17 brands reaching 100+ million users each month. You’ll partner with internal and external platform users to develop and execute a robust product strategy that leverages our unique capabilities: evergreen content, SEO expertise, data science, and a service-oriented architecture.
About Your Contributions:
- Congratulate the API team on the release of an awesome new set of services
- Watch an editor using the CMS and observe what’s working and what’s not
- Review your product roadmap and strategy with GMs, Editors, and the CEO
- Walk an engineer and a designer through some product requirements
- Host a call for discovery and negotiation with a vendor
- Coordinate a multi-product release with SEO Engineering and Data Science
- Mentor and coach product managers on your team
- 8-10 years of hands-on product management—strategy, analysis, and day-to-day product ownership and ideation.
- You have deep knowledge of what makes a great publishing platform because you’ve done this before, e.g. experience at a premium, digital publisher.
- You have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points.
- You’re capable of developing with a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- You’re able to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- You’re excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products.
- You possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your strategy.
- You’re as comfortable specing out a new API endpoint as your are a new interaction pattern in the CMS.
- You’re fluent in Agile principles and methodology, and not afraid to jump in as the Product Owner or Scrum Master for a team.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.