Senior Editor, MyDomaine
About the Role:
MyDomaine is looking for a digital savvy senior editor to join our growing team. Ideally you have a focus and passion for home and lifestyle space and be responsible for driving innovation (on-site and across platforms); implementing top-level content strategy; defining and enforcing the brand’s aesthetic and voice; and improve user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Contributions:
- Pitch, produce and edit feature-length and search-based content
- Maintain the content calendar
- Source, train and manage sophisticated freelance writers
- Work closely with the editorial director on big-picture strategy
- Maintain and utilize contacts with PR and industry insiders to secure exclusive content
- Collaborate with sales on branded ideation
- Serve as a MyDomaine ambassador by attending key industry events
- 5-7 years of writing and editing experience for a digital publisher (experience as a senior editor, or similar, a plus)
- First-rate reporting and storytelling skills with an ability to generate original ideas that strategically drive traffic
- Strong understanding of the MyDomaine aesthetic and voice
- Highly organized and comfortable juggling multiple tasks on deadline; able to work well among individuals, teams and external partners in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- Process- and detail-oriented; deadline-focused
- Passionate about the home and lifestyle space, and eager to share your knowledge of it
- Able to consistently identify industry trends across the home and lifestyle space
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.