Senior Product Manager, Commerce
About Your Role:
As a Senior Product Manager for Commerce, you’ll work across multiple Dotdash brands to help millions of users research important buying decisions and develop the technologies to connect those users with the right retailer. You’ll partner with business, editorial, product, and engineering teams, and other relevant stakeholders to develop and execute a robust commerce product strategy that leverages our unique capabilities: evergreen content, SEO expertise, data science, beautiful design, and intelligent monetization.
About Your Contributions:
- Congratulate the scrum teams on the release of an awesome new feature
- Watch a person using the site and observe what’s working and what’s not
- Review your product roadmap and strategy with the ecommerce GM and CEO
- Particular focus on direct marketing KPIs – focus on delivering best in class user experience while also delivering high performing CTR and other measures to ensure revenue performance
- Host a call for discovery and negotiation with a vendor that offers pricing API integrations
- Walk an engineer and a designer through some product requirements for a new reporting tool
- Teach an editor how to use a new feature in the CMS
- Coordinate with fellow Product Managers on the sequence of a cross-team project
- 3-5 years of hands-on product management—day-to-day product ownership and ideation. Previous experience developing strategy a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in ecommerce, affiliate marketing and/or user funnel conversions.
- You’re comfortable managing both B2C and B2B products at the same time, like internal tools and systems that power a user-facing experience.
- You have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points.
- You’re capable of developing with a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- You’re able to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- You’re excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products.
- You possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your strategy.
- You’re fluent in Agile principles and methodology.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.