As a Photo Editor, you will be responsible for shooting and editing photos to accompany the content for the commerce product testing team, across all Dotdash brands. You will primarily be working with in-house editors to identify which products need to be shot and then staging and executing the shoot, making sure we’re highlighting the best features/aspects in our composition. The other part of this role is retouching the photos you’ve taken as well as other photos submitted by freelancers.
About Your Contributions:
- You will be given a set number products to shoot for the commerce team.
- You will be responsible for shooting, selecting, editing, and publishing engaging photos that bring our products to life.
- Providing photo feedback to freelancers on an as-needed basis.
- 3 to 5 years experience photo editing and/or photo researching (focus on commerce is a plus)
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Good eye for high quality product photography that will help elevate our brand and tell our story.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.