About Your Role:
As a Data Engineer on the Commerce Team, you will integrate data from a variety of sources and surface it in our reporting platform so that users can make data-driven decisions and derive insights. You will also provide data analysis, reports and dashboards to your team and Dotdash as a whole. As a Data Engineer, you will facilitate the free and open use of data across the organization and encourage data culture through weekly meetings, outreach and technical consulting.
About Your Contributions:
- Analyze raw data to answer ad hoc questions
- Map business rules onto our raw data to enrich customer reporting.
- Build reports and dashboards to drive insights
- Work collaboratively to solve data challenges for your team
- Build and maintain data integrations
- Find ways to use new and exciting technology to solve data challenges
- Proficient writing SQL queries to analyze data
- Experience with a BI reporting platform (Looker, QuickSight, Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building data integrations with Python, Spark or Java
- Comfortable with the Linux CLI
- Looker and LookML experience a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.