About Your Role:
The Dotdash Design Group is looking for a bright, flexible, and creative Design Intern for Summer 2019. As a design intern at Dotdash, you will have a unique opportunity to learn about our design systems as a means to create useful and beautiful component-based marketing, commerce, and editorial experiences. In addition, you will also have a hands-on opportunity to work as a Visual and UX Designer in the creation of best-in-class products in support of our brands—Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
The Dotdash Summer Intern Program is from June 3rd through August 9th, 40 hours a week with a competitive compensation rate. You will be based at our Dotdash Headquarters in Times Square. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work that has an impact, along with workshops in preparing you for post-college life (resume / interviewing) and some fun events throughout the summer!
About Your Contributions:
- Explore and prototype new features and products
- Help conduct user research and analyze user tests to help shape internal and external facing products
- Help in the auditing, organization and maintenance of each brand’s Design Guidelines and Component Library
- Serve as a design lead in the production, optimization, and review of graphic assets
- You have a solid understanding of fundamental design principles (imagery, color, layout, form and typography)
- You have a strong focus on user experience and user interface design
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud; Knowledge of standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, InVision or equivalent is a plus.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.