Health Editor, Commerce
About Your Role:
As the Health Commerce Editor, you will build and manage the Commerce content program for Dotdash's health and wellness vertical Verywell. You will bring our readers the high-quality product and service recommendations they’re searching for, within and around Verywell’s premium content, connecting readers to top affiliate partners and beyond.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for commerce content strategy and execution, including assigning and editing new Commerce content to our network of top product reviewers, producing and publishing new content in our CMS, updating existing Commerce content with new product releases, and tracking and analyzing the success of all editorial efforts.
About Your Contributions:
- Assign, edit and publish new Commerce content across Verywell, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge, and internal data to back your editorial approach
- Manage monthly editorial updating process of top 200 Commerce articles on Verywell for our critical product categories
- Manage a robust team of freelance writers, from assigning to invoicing to onboarding high-quality new writers as needed
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts
- Health & Wellness writer or editor with 3-5 years’ experience developing online editorial content and adjusting strategy and tactics based on data.
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and can explain various health topics including fitness, family, and general well-being in an informed tone
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- You have a great eye for products and know how to provide the reader with various different options that suit their needs
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnel
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.