Analyst, SEO and Content Strategy
About The Role
Are you a highly-analytical thinker and detail-oriented doer? Are you ready to be immersed in digital product management, content strategy, big data analysis, and online marketing for the fastest-growing large publisher on the web? Join the SEO and Content Strategy team who is responsible for the growth of Dotdash’s portfolio of brands who all rank in the top ten of their categories: Lifewire.com, VerywellHealth.com, TheBalance.com, TheSpruce.com, Thoughtco.com, TripSavvy.com, Investopedia.com, Byrdie.com, and MyDomaine.com.
The SEO and Content Strategy team is comprised of search marketing professionals and software engineers who enable the scale required to grow multiple top properties in highly competitive verticals. The Analyst, SEO and Content Strategy reports to the VP of Growth and will work on diverse projects to analyze and improve organic performance across search engines. Leverage the best tools, in-house built software, peer knowledge, and extensive resources to help build world-class content brands. Each day you will be able to make an impact on our content, technology, user experience, and site performance.
About Your Contributions
- Monitor daily and weekly dashboards to understand search engine trends and the results of our projects
- Study search demand to identify growth opportunities for our content and product
- Execute tests to grow our knowledge of effective tactics
- Work with product management to create requirements to improve each site based on your research
- Provide insights to the engineering team to convert manual analyses into automated software approaches
- Work with our content team to maintain and improve our library of several hundred thousand articles
- 1-3 years work experience in a digital marketing or other quantitative, analytical discipline such as consulting, market research, finance, operations, etc.
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated interest in the Web, technology, or online marketing (personal sites, app or web app projects, etc.)
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Familiarity with SQL, Hive, or Web crawling a big plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in math, science, business or computer science
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.