What you’ll do:
Feel, think, build, lead a team, inspire an intern, design, give feedback, start over, feel more, solve a problem, obsess over details, repeat.
- Solve client needs with your own perspective on world-class artistry, design and strategy.
- Oversee the development and execution of creative solutions often starting with the blank page
- Direct and deliver creative experiences across many disciplines
- Translate creative solutions across multi-platform services and campaigns, from online experiences to cobranded marketing campaigns for entertainment channels and content.
- Be a leader and inspiring guide for a diverse range of creative disciplines
- Mentor office-wide creatives, grow and evolve the team
- Champion new design approaches and set up others for success
- Provide thought leadership inside and outside DK
- Develop innovative and strategically-relevant creative solutions that meet clients’ business objectives.
- Presentable, inspiring and professional communication
- Active listening and understanding of client needs
You might be a good fit if you:
- Think about design not as just as a visual craft but as a part of a larger brand experience
- Care about the future of storytelling and want to find unique ways to express a story
- Understand the core foundations of storytelling - both in visual and written forms
- Want to lead a diverse team of experience designers, filmmakers, designers and copywriters to solve business problems
- Can inspire creatives at every level to think in new ways
- Get excited when creative challenges arise that are out of your core area of expertise
You have these things:
- A current online portfolio. (Please provide a link in your application.)
- 10+ years of diverse experience in the design industry as a maker, then leader and mentoracross a variety of platforms and channels; to include at least one - two years as a Creative Director in a similar environment
- Masterful storytelling ability across multiple platforms, including entertainment, digital, broadcast, print, and motion graphics
- An understanding of new technologies and how people use them
- A mastery of tools and techniques (both design software and design thinking)
- A love for finding inspiration beyond the computer and in the world around you