Electro-mechanical Maintenance Technician
Electro-mechanical Maintenance Technician
Sunlite Plastics - Germantown, WI
Diversatek, Inc. is a global, multi-platform healthcare solutions manufacturing company. Invested in a broad and ever-growing line of medical technologies, Diversatek manufactures and markets products and solutions for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, continuing care and rehabilitation, and medical device OEMs. Diversatek owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, Colorado, Virginia, and Saigon, Vietnam. Our Technical Research and Training Center in Denver, CO boasts a best-in-class clinical education and product training center for healthcare providers worldwide.
Diversatek, Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our Contract Services Division, Sunlite Plastics in Germantown, WI. We are looking for an experienced Electro-mechanical Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Electro- mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of all electrical/mechanical systems equipment and fixtures. This position requires great attention to detail, as well as being highly organized. The Electro-mechanical Maintenance Technician will effectively communicate with staff, managers, and customers.
- Supports Facilities and Maintenance leader in coordinating, planning, setting priorities, performing repairs, and overseeing day-to-day and long-term maintenance of the building.
- Maintains equipment to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Safely responds to, diagnoses, repairs and resolves a variety of multi-craft maintenance needs for extrusion production machinery, support equipment and general facility essentials.
- Troubleshoots the situation, determines root cause of the problem, and best options for repair or modification.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on machinery including cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting parts as required.
- Follows work orders as required. Leads in machine repairs, rebuilds and other maintenance work to insure quality maintenance operations.
- Performs required testing to ensure repairs/installations work as designed. Leads other special maintenance or repair projects as assigned.
- Performs maintenance to company facilities including electrical repairs, and routine maintenance to HVAC equipment. Coordinates with contractors and external resources to define, plan and execute the scope of work. Follows established safety rules and regulations, makes recommendations for safety improvements, and utilizes required safety equipment.
- Supports Facilities and Maintenance leader to manage the facilities/maintenance services departments to ensure plant is in an audit ready state at all times. Follows all required ISO and FDA regulations as communicated through the Quality Management System.
- Assures all facility equipment at the plant is designed and installed in a safe manner and in full compliance with GMP, safety and environmental regulations.
- Manages and files purchasing orders and other documentations for the procurement of spare and replacement parts. Keeps a record of all maintenance and service activities conducted. Reviews downtime to determine causes and prevention.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- This job will be 50% mechanical and 50% electrical.
- Successful completion of a recognized electrician apprenticeship program or 4+ years’ experience as a Journeymen Electrician in the maintenance field, OR
- Associate degree, technical diploma or certificate in electricity, or automation, OR
- Certified military training in electrical engineering, OR
- Mechanical skills gained through work experience
- Minimum of four or more years of equipment related experience, and must have proven ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a "hands-on" environment.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and thrives in an independent work environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the electrical and mechanical areas. Able to read, interpret and modify blueprints, specs, electrical schematics, ladder logic and relay logic.
- Experience in installing repair of automated machinery/equipment such as programmable controllers
- Understanding of closed loop controls and how to trouble shoot and repair them.
- Ability to trouble shoots DC servo/AC vector drives and motors.
- Must effectively communicate electrical/mechanical problems to the Engineering/Production staffs and provide accurate assessments (or as accurate as is possible given the available information) as to the expected time to complete repairs.
- Preferred experiences in extrusion, injection molding, paper mill, machine/tool and automation industries.
- Frequently required walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally.
- Medical/dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k with employer match
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive compensation
- First shift, Monday-Friday