Director, Channel Sales
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
The Director, Channel Sales, maintains and expands relationships with key Deem partners. This position is responsible for growing revenues by effectively managing Deem’s strategic channel partners. It requires a strategic and analytical thinker and a diligent and thoughtful planner. The ideal candidate can foresee future developments and opportunities and understand how they might impact their channel partner’s business, therefore enabling them to be proactive in providing Deem solutions that add value for their customers and create new revenue streams for Deem. The Director, Channel Sales must possess strong selling and persuasion skills and establish credibility and legitimacy with senior executives of their channel partners. Flawless execution and the ability to manage effectively internally are keys to success. This position will report to the VP, Channel Sales and work closely with our sales, marketing, support services, products and finance teams.
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of all Deem applications and products.
- Design, implement and manage reseller and referral programs across Deem’s Channel program.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinate the as needed involvement of Deem personnel, including Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Support, and Finance, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned revenue targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives across portfolio of channel partners.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end user clients in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user client needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Provide the right management system, process framework, visibility, measurement, and analysis for our senior management to make informed decisions and drive successful business outcomes
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of Deem programs among assigned partners.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in travel industry preferably managing partner programs across travel, expense, ground transportation and/or procurement solutions.
- Ability to establish deep, personal and long-lasting relationships with channel partners.
- Must have a proven track record of growing business within a channel partner or customer, building key relationships with decision makers at senior levels of the partner and at other relevant levels.
- Demonstrated ability to provide platform solutions that assist channel partners in providing services to their customers and creating new revenue streams.
- Experience working with Travel Management Companies.
- Ability to leverage relationships through excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong selling, persuasion and closing skills.
- High-level proficiency in the use of the Sales Force, MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- The location of this position is open.
- Position requires 30-50% Travel.