Systems Engineer, Development Operations
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
Deem is looking for an experienced DevOps Systems Engineer to join a highly motivated team of DevOps professionals, working alongside top performers in the Development, Operations, and Project Management teams. As a member of DevOps, you will build and maintain the fabric of tools and processes that hold development together, and enable the continuous delivery cycle for the Deem suite.
In this position, you will play a hands-on role and participate with the team developing innovative solutions to scale our products, minimize the pain and risk in the release process, and support a large-scale cloud server infrastructure. The work is fast paced and requires technical skill, adaptability, excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, great organizational skills, attention to detail and self-motivation. The role is highly cross-functional and succeeds not through positional authority, but rather through cooperation and influence.
This position reports to the Senior Director, DevOps.
- Build, enhance and evangelize procedures and tools to improve efficiency and scalability;
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines);
- Build and maintain continuous monitoring infrastructure;
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security;
- Optimize Deem’s computing architecture;
- Run Proof of Concept studies. Document and present your findings with recommendations;
- Develop and maintain DevOps team documentation;
- Apply cloud (AWS, GCP) computing skills.
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or Information systems, or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of hands-on Systems Engineering experience, supporting Ubuntu, or other Linux distros;
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and Service Mesh solutions;
- Experience supporting development tools, specifically GitLab, Jenkins, TeamCity, and Jira;
- Proven track record of owning continuous delivery process;
- Proven track record of owning infrastructure for large scale and highly available web properties;
- Experience with high-performance, open source web stacks and supporting enterprise SLAs;
- Expert knowledge of system configuration management and automation tools, working in a complex technology environment;
- Strong knowledge of Java, web technologies, Linux, messaging, database and search platforms.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience supporting Cloud based (e.g. AWS, GCP) development environments;
- Experienced in migration to a Microservices architecture;
- Experience as a Team Leader.