At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
Deem is looking for a UI Architect who has a strong understanding of different UI technologies, common frameworks and has a passion for new technology. The UI Architect will be responsible for the design and architecture of the user interfaces for multiple applications, build the framework and implement best practices. This position is a unique opportunity to gain leading edge experience in emerging Commerce as a Service (CaaS) platform based on service-oriented architecture technologies and develop an understanding of the business travel domain.
- Define the UI architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas.
- Plan architecture rollout and technology stack updates.
- Define standards and best practices to ensure consistency and high quality of UI design and implementation.
- Participate hands-on in Scrum teams to lead implementation of the architecture.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into UI design and implementation.
- Work with the team to define, design and implement reusable UI components.
- Lead and mentor front-end engineers
- Participate in the Scrum process and Agile culture in the company.
- 3+ years of professional UI Architecture experience
- Expertise in React-Redux or ReactJS
- Expert knowledge of common engineering concepts (algorithms, design patterns and modularization)
- Expertise in dealing with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web
- Working with REST API web services
- Passionate about new technologies
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment
- Experience mentoring front-end engineers
- Expertise in Vue or AngularJS