Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is simple. We make business travel less complicated for travelers, less costly for employers and more profitable for service providers. Using our industry-leading software solutions, employees book travel and car service and report those expenses faster and more easily than ever before. Corporations control costs more effectively. Travel management companies deliver more engaging customer experiences. Car service operators benefit from new efficiencies and widen their customer reach. In other words, everybody wins. We've helped thousands of forward-thinking companies modernize their systems, improve travel management and save money. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has an office in Bangalore, India.
You are the product evangelist. You are the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and achieve results. You will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers and how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to inform the development, product positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
Sound interesting? Here’s what we seek in you:
- Passion for great products
- Experience with marketing B2B software. Marketing consumer products is a huge bonus
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, whenand why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Excellent written, spoken and presentation abilities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred