VP, Business Development
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
Do you have a passion for building long-term partnerships and making them highly successful? Are you an exceptional collaborator who loves to work across disciplines? Deem’s sales and business development organizations generate the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, helps shape the future of Deem services across the entire travel ecosystem improves travel experiences for millions of people around the world.
You are, in many ways, the face of Deem to our largest partners. You are here to help businesses transform the way their company works with Deem, our customers and users. To realize this goal, you will gain deep understandings of the businesses partnerships you create and manage—at all levels from tactical to strategic. You will create a vision that can inspire customers to transform using Deem products. You will collaborate closely with internal and external partners to create plans for solutions and new use cases, and then help drive execution of the solution.
Sound interesting? Here’s what we seek in you:
- You have a passion for great products and are an entrepreneur at your core
- Deem and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers, teammates, your friends and pets alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. You obsess over how they experience our products and services.
- No matter the audience, you are an expert at presenting. You make the complex simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You share your passion for the Deem story.
- When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of our company, products, services and industry.
- You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Deem and our customers.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Deem. You’re a go to person, and are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise.
- You know yourself – you have strengths and weaknesses - but you also know the people around you. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with in order to make the opportunity a reality.
- Oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts
- Contribute to Deem’s planning and execution of strategy to increase customers and sales
- After identifying the right partners for Deem, own the process of moving those partner relationships from initial contact through development of the appropriate relationships throughout the partner organization
- Negotiate and close strategic partnerships, integrating Deem leadership team as needed throughout the process
- Interface with product management, engineering, marketing, and other teams to aid in success of the business
- Develop and prepare sales materials for potential and existing clients
- Maintain meaningful relationships with existing customers
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Responsible for sales forecasting, planning and budgeting ensuring they are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within Deem
- Five to ten years experience as Director or higher in Corporate or Business Development at an ecommerce company
- Demonstrated experience planning, executing, and closing strategic partnerships with Fortune 1,000 companies
- A proven track record of seamless integration with entire organization (e.g. products, engineering team, marketing) to facilitate successful execution of the strategic partnership
- Proven experience leading small teams, preferably of other business development team members
- Creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred