At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
- Lead a team of developers to design and implement large-scale distributed applications.
- Hands-on involvement in defining, designing, and implementing complex functionality for Deems’s travel solutions.
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflict and set priority for parallel projects.
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to reduce risk.
- Drive continuous release process improvements.
- A proven track record of successful on-time delivery of complex commercial software
- Experience in developing and supporting a product over multiple lifecycles
- Relevant domain experience in Enterprise Software Applications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or an equivalent field, from a reputed university. 11+ years of multi-tier distributed software application development with proven problem-solving skills.
- Good grasp of Java, JEE, JSP, Servlets
- Hands on experience with SOA and micro-services architecture
- Good knowledge of SQL and Document based databases
- Must have familiarity and experience with rapid prototyping and agile methodologies.
- Experience in working with application servers such as BeA Weblogic, Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience with using Linux.
- Experience interacting with cross cultural, distributed engineering teams
- Team player capable of mentoring and managing others on the team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem analysis/resolution skills
Nice to have
- Experience with GOLANG