Senior QA Lead
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
- Lead a QA team responsible for integration testing of a complex, software-as-a-service platform using state-of-the-art QA tools.
- Interface with engineering managers to leverage unit testing and coordinate overall integration testing by developing a testing plan and implementing the same by developing necessary harness(es) and tools
- Identify project risks in conjunction with the Engineering Managers
- Create the testing processes and standards for the company
- Accountability for planning and managing test activities, creating detailed test plans, and performing tests
- Test the application via Black Box, Gray Box, White Box, Regression, Release, Stress, and Negative testing methods
- Implement complex automated tests involving data transform, scalability, performance, clustering, service-replication, etc. often involving J2EE, XML, database, and ""packaged application"" technologies
- Work with other QA Engineers and Developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage and overall system reliability, performance, and quality,
- Monitor test results and perform root-cause analysis of failures
- Working closely with developers on test improvements, debug ability in both tests and product
- Manage bug tracking database, scrum process
- Interface with development team for the status of issue resolution
Education & Skill Sets Required
- Bachelor’s in engineering from a reputed university, preferably in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience in QA and has proven track record of formulating strategies for QA team.
- Six sigma expertise a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity
- Experience with enterprise software products.
- Experience in Testing Web Services and automating the same
- Good understanding of advanced Java concepts, XML, J2EE, Web Services, Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems, deployments, log monitoring, Oracle/MySql knowledge
- Experience and ability to manage large teams and work with cross functional teams
- Should be a trusted mentor to team.
- Expertise with Selenium and any functional automation tool, JMeter or any other performance tools