Engineering Team Lead
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
We are looking for an Engineering Lead who will be responsible for leading a team of 4-8 Engineers along with QA. We operate in an agile manner with small, cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly. Deem’s Engineering team is the perfect place for developers to work on and deliver world-class software in a friendly, fun and innovative environment. As a Team Lead you will be empowered to oversee the deliverables of the team, including coaching, mentoring, productivity and quality.
- Design, implement and maintain Deem Product offerings.
- Embrace and promote a can-do attitude towards solution delivery.
- Establish and promote best practices across cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, Product, Engineering, QA and Operation teams, across all Software Delivery Centers to deliver scalable solutions.
- Lead and mentor Software and Quality Assurance Engineers
- Provide development and release support for Deem Travel/Platform Services.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with Java, Oracle, Linux, Tomcat.
- 4+ years of experience as a Technology Principal/Distinguished Engineer/Sr. Principal Engineer or an equivalent hands-on technical leadership/team lead role
- Experience building micro-service Architectures
- Experience building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Experience with RESTful API use and development
- Experience running teams using Scrum
- You are a team player, possess strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a team culture
- Ability to understand existing code and determine best route to enhance / refactor it.
- Strong focus on Unit Testing, scalability and performance tuning
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with Cloud and Serverless architecture.
- Experience with deploying services on Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Profiling Java application servers and optimizing server performance.