Software Engineering Manager
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
Deem Engineering operates in an agile manner with small, cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly. We are looking for a hands-on Engineering leader who is experienced in building high performing teams that continually deliver, innovate, and grow in building web applications using Java. You expect to spend a good amount of your time in the code helping with high-priority initiatives and unblocking your team. You embrace the responsibilities of being a direct manager and put a high-priority on coaching, mentoring and other managerial responsibilities.
- Lead a team of developers to design, implement and maintain Deem Product offerings.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members.
- Hands-on involvement in defining, designing, and implementing complex functionality for Deems’s travel solutions.
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to reduce risk.
- Embrace and promote a can-do attitude towards solution delivery.
- Establish and promote best practices across cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, Product, Engineering, QA and Operation teams, across all geographies to deliver scalable solutions.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with Java, Oracle or MySQL, Linux, Tomcat.
- 4+ years of experience as a Technology Principal/Distinguished Engineer/Sr. Principal Engineer/Engineering Manager or an equivalent hands-on technical leadership/team lead role
- Proficient with Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle or MySQL.
- Designed and built high performance, reliable and scalable low-touch production systems.
- Experience mentoring other developers and love doing it.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Love to understand existing code and cherish the opportunity to enhance / refactor it.
- Understand the role of documentation and its importance in organizational scalability.
- Experience with RESTful API use and development.
- Experience developing and supporting a product over multiple lifecycles.
- Experience running teams using Scrum.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Degree in Computer Science or related.