At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
We are looking for a strong technical Systems Engineer to join our team of Systems Engineers as a hands-on individual contributor in a complex, fast paced environment. Candidates will be able to use their high energy, dedication, and expert-level skills.
- Supporting a secure 24x7 production environment with Oracle/MySQL
- Designing and implementing system level solutions for monitoring, configuration management
- Designing and developing processes for capacity planning and incident response
- Linux installation, configuration, and management
- Clustered server configuration and operations
- Building & administering cloud-based services & operations
- SAN/NAS/iSCSI storage management
- Root cause analysis of Production/QA environments
- 24x7 on-call support and willing to be on-call on a rotation basis
- Strong scripting skills (bash, Python, Ruby or TCL)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a senior level role individual contributor
- Prior experience in a 24/7/365 environment for eCommerce, SaaS
- Must be willing to be on-call on a rotation basis
- Experience with server virtualization platforms (VMWare, Proxmox, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expert Ubuntu Linux administration experience
- Knowledge of best-practices switch, router, firewall and load balancer implementations
- Knowledge of Tegile storage arrays is a plus
- Experience managing SMTP, DNS, LDAP and other infrastructure services
- Solid understanding of security technologies, PCI, SOC, GDPR compliance and best practices
- Expertise in building large, scalable, reliable server architectures
- Experience with Nagios and other open source monitoring tools desired
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible or other configuration management tools desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to travel on a biweekly basis to our Santa Clara Datacenter facilities
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs