Principal Software Engineer
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
We are looking for Engineers to help us dramatically expand and improve our rapidly growing product offerings. We operate in an agile manner with small, cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly. Deem’s Engineering team is the perfect place for developers to work on and deliver world-class software in a friendly, fun and innovative environment. At Deem, our Senior and Principal Engineers are empowered to make an impact by designing simple, scalable, easy to maintain solutions for complex problems. You’ll be expected to develop an understanding of the business travel domain and collaborate with business and product teams to deliver solutions to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Design, implement and maintain Deem Product offerings.
- Embrace and promote a can-do attitude towards solution delivery.
- Establish and promote best practices across cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, Product, Engineering, QA and Operation teams, both onsite and remote to deliver scalable solutions.
- Take ownership of one or more core components and modernize it.
- Provide development and release support for Deem Travel/Platform Services.
- 8 - 10+ years experience in design and development of SaaS products with a Java-based solution stack.
- You are proficient with Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle and MySQL.
- You have designed and built high performance, reliable and scalable low-touch production systems.
- You have mentored other developers and love doing it.
- You are a team player, possess strong collaboration skills and are always looking to push boundaries.
- You are curious about new technologies and have the experience of a stock trader to bet on the right one.
- You love to understand existing code and cherish the opportunity to enhance / refactor it.
- You understand the role of documentation and its importance in organizational scalability.
- Degree in Computer Science or related.
Not required but nice to have:
- Familiarity with Cloud and Serverless architecture.
- Experience with deploying services on Docker containers.
- Profiling Java application servers and optimizing server performance.