Analyst (Subject Matter Expert)- Travel
At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
- Review the idea or documents developed so far in regard to the Travel product
- Define procedures or standards, since he/she has the knowledge of what the right or best way to execute a task would be
- Define performance objectives, and determine acceptable performance levels
- Suggest enhancements in the idea or product or program for next phase design and development
- Analyze the pros and cons specific to the assigned product
- Determine acceptable performance levels Provide recommendations for product/idea/procedural improvements
- Understand the language/terms/jargon in his/her area of expertise
- Not only answer how things are done, but why
- Understand requisite knowledge that underlies effective decision-making and is able to describe where errors or flaws may occur in the decision-making for his/her area of expertise
- Act as the go-to person for questions and problems within his/her area of expertise
- Explain his/her area of expertise clearly to others and help/support Dev/QA in improving travel domain expertise. Review the functional coverage and help in improving the same
- Validate the requirements and deliverables that describe the product(s) or service(s)
- Bring in formation about the project/program/idea to the stakeholders (BA)
- Provide input into and/or create and execute user documentation and BA material
- Guide other BA professionals on the project/program to ensure the content is accurate
- Resolve issues relevant to project/program deliverable(s) within their area of expertise
- Obtain or provide approval for changes to rules, processes and policies
- Be able to lead client interactions and bring industry eminence to client relevant themes in ways that alleviate client’s pain points and create value
- Able to analyze customer incidents and improve the breadth and depth of the travel product.
- Strong working experience on GDS systems like Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus etc.
Education & Skill Sets Required
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or MBA from a reputed university, preferably in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in travel domain.
- Worked on airline systems from Sabre, Amadeus or equivalent, and on systems for Internet Booking, Ticketing, Reservations, Departure Control, flight operations, station management
- Worked in multiple transformation projects with the industry’s major players
- Deep expertise in marketing and loyalty analytical methodologies, CRM best practices and customer lifecycle management (CLM), to produce actionable insights from airlines’ customer data or must have been involved in project delivery in core airline operational areas covering global distribution, modernizing reservations systems, Loyalty programs, ancillary sales or Maintenance. Must have been involved airline transformation programs covering passenger experience, sales and Loyalty
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practices, business processes and solutions for commerce, reservation and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated expertise in Digital Front office and back office Transformation, depth in leading such engagements is a key requirement
- Specialization and certifications in CRM, Reservation systems and Loyalty areas
- Deep knowledge of airline reservation systems such as of Sabre, Amadeus
- Expertise in developing and implementing Airline CRM strategy, Loyalty Solutions or Core airline operations
- Knowledge of systems integration on Service Oriented Architecture platforms
- Knowledge of Travel Related Services, such as Travel agents, Hotels, Car rentals, train etc.
- General skills Candidate will have
- Transformation of business information to IT requirements and vice versa
- Strong communication and analytical skills, including financial and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated program management skills, with relevant certifications
- Understanding of Quality, Risk Management and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated eminence on topics of loyalty and CRM amongst airline, travel or related industries
- Demonstrated thought leadership and original points of view on key issues pertaining to the industry globally