At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
We have an exceptional team of engineers and looking to hire the best and brightest to help drive innovation forward. We are building a modern hybrid multi-cloud containerized micro-services ecosystem. As part of the Operations team you will help architect, build and monitor this hybrid infrastructure.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day ongoing support for our Corporate and Production networks. We have a global presence with people connecting to the network all over the world.
In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protection, we’d like to meet you.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, Cloud)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee and test security measures (access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- 3-5 years experience as a Network Engineer
- BS or equivalent
- Professional certification (CCNP and/or CCDP or equivalent)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture On-Prem
- Solid background in network administration and architecture in Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g. Python, Perl) a plus
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, SDN)
- Solid understanding of Load Balancers (F5, NGINX)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently