Assistant Account Executive / Account Manager
The Account Manager is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day execution and management of projects and tasks. This position will report to an Account Supervisor.
Position includes day-to-day work on an insurance/financial services client's small business, financial services and customer retention programs including; customer journeys, commercial business lines, banking, credit cards, and life insurance.
In addition - our team is often called upon to act as strategic marketing consultants – working closely with our clients to uncover untapped business potential in product positioning, product innovation and customer experience mapping.
- Effectively assisting with projects with the primary goal being the achievement of clients’ marketing objectives.
- Efficiently and effectively interacting with appropriate agency executives and staff.
- Build creative /strategic documents and presentations – with guidance from account leadership.
- Is a team player; contributing and volunteering above and beyond normal duties.
- Effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Co-presenting the agency’s recommendations and point-of-view to clients.
- Take accurate notes at meetings so that key points and required action steps are concisely summarized in conference reports or other appropriate communications.
- Maintaining direct, timely, and appropriate communications with clients, team members and account leadership.
- Build and maintain positive, lasting client relationships.
- Active listener to client and team perceptions and can anticipate questions and needs.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry.
- Plan effectively to avoid crisis situations, but if they develop, report and discuss them with your management supervisor.
- Move projects through the creative development process, keeping stakeholders informed and consulted, resulting in timely and accurate deliverables in partnership with project management.
- Proactively determine next steps in assignments or projects with manager and team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but relevant work experience will be considered).
- Experience/interest in agency or allied communications industry experience that provides an understanding of CRM, advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, public relations, research, agency finance, etc.
- Comfortable with data and analytics; curious about measurement and focused on producing results for our client.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills as well an articulate, friendly, “whatever it takes” attitude, along with a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in consultative sales and presentation environment.
- Understand basics of marketing communications planning.
- Ability to establish and build productive relationships with diverse personalities.
- Proficient with PC /Mac and collaboration applications, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) a plus.
- Limited, but some travel required to client site in Bloomington, IL and other locations as determined by project (about 5-10%).