Communications Director, DDB Worldwide
The Communications Director is responsible for assisting the Global Head of Communications to provide a broad range of public relations, communications and marketing support to the DDB Worldwide network. The ideal candidate must exhibit strength in strategic communications planning and implementation; project management; be extremely well organized and be able to help develop and execute opportunities to support the network’s overall communications priorities. S/he must also be able to set priorities and multi-task, while remaining energetic and flexible to daily demands of the executive team.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Determine opportunities to increase awareness and elevate visibility of the network, its leadership and clients
- Develop and support comprehensive communications and public relations plans, partnering with media, clients and perspective clients to support DDB Worldwide's overall growth plans and communications objectives
- Coordinate events, sponsorships, and speaking engagements to raise the global network’s presence and overall reputation in the marketplace
- Researching, drafting and posting of communications materials such as press releases, website and social media content
- Support global communications priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English or other relevant degrees and work experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in advertising, marketing, communications and/or public relations
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, comfortable asking questions and diligent in following up, proven project management skills
- Strong technical skills, familiarity with CMS tools such as Mailchimp, Wordpress, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to stay calm and efficient under intense deadlines
DDB Worldwide is one of the world's most iconic and influential marketing communications networks. In 2019, DDB was awarded as the No 2 most creative agency network in the world by the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity. In 2019, DDB Worldwide was named Network of the Year at the One Show and D&AD and was a Network of the Year Finalist at the Clio awards. Founded in 1949, DDB is part of Omnicom Group Inc. (OMC) and consists of more than 200 offices in over 100 countries.